FactoryMation Delivers for Modern Polymer Products
Production downtime can prove to be extremely costly for most manufacturers. Product availability and shipping times are critical considerations when purchasing the industrial control products necessary to get production lines running again. To aid customers in reducing these delays, FactoryMation is dedicated to fast shipping and competitive pricing that promotes one-stop shopping. It is for these reasons that Modern Polymer Products, Inc. chooses to go with FactoryMation for reliable products that arrive when needed.
Located in Pasadena, TX in a world-class 300,000 square foot facility, Modern Polymer leads the pack in the high-performance mineral, additive, and compounding services sectors of the global plastics industry. On top of offering their own custom plastics extrusion services, Modern Polymer’s compounding lines create concentrates that are used in plastics around the world. Their facility produces over 40 formulations such as UV concentrates, antioxidants, slip concentrates, and more.
Bringing their new Pasadena facility online meant that Modern Polymer had to integrate equipment from multiple manufacturers. Billy Messina, Plant Manager at Modern Polymer, began the hunt for a supplier to fit all their needs. Their primary concern was lead time. “I don’t mind paying… if you can get it here on time,” Messina says. His search for quick part delivery led to FactoryMation, and once here he discovered that he could have quick deliveries and still get the products at great prices. All his needs were addressed in one place including price, quality, and short lead times. Soon FMX signal lights, WEG pushbuttons, and more FactoryMation-supplied parts were in-hand and utilized effectively by Messina and his crew to integrate their compounding and extruding lines. To take it a step further, Messina decided to stick with FactoryMation for future parts needs. Low prices on high-quality products means that Modern Polymer can stock spare parts easily to maintain their equipment. Short lead times mean that there is very little downtime under Messina’s watch even if one of their production lines experiences trouble.
Modern Polymer found their ideal supplier thanks to Billy Messina’s discerning eye. According to Messina, about 85% of the parts used at their plant now come from FactoryMation with the other 15% being parts exclusively sold by foreign suppliers. “You guys are by far the fastest and the cheapest,” he contends. “99% of the time I can’t think of somebody else [who] could get something here faster.” Beyond the key factors of price, availability, and shipping speed, Messina also found the FactoryMation web store to be easy to browse and understand.
Even if there is a part that he or another team member are unfamiliar with, the common-sense layout and information on the FactoryMation website bridges the gap. To top it off, plant workers at Modern Polymer also enjoy the easy shopping experience. “When I was little you used to get the Sears catalog every year for Christmas,” Messina says. “[At Modern Polymer Products] we have your catalogs all over and the guys just flip through and point at what they need… We go to your catalog first.” This experience is rounded off with FactoryMation’s dedicated customer support and tech support staff and their commitment to customer satisfaction. In the end, Messina summarized his choice with one line: “The price and quality… I couldn’t find it anywhere else.”